by J.D. Mokoena, M. Chauke, M. Matlakala, A. Young and B. Randa
Juta’s Complete Textbook of Medical Surgical Nursing remains a comprehensive, evidence-based textbook written with the southern African nursing student in mind.
What’s NEW in the 2nd edition:
- The nursing care plans have been revised and strengthened with new evidence
- The anatomy and physiology of each system is given at the beginning of each chapter/ section in order to provide information on healthy structure and function. This makes it easier for the student to work out the pathology in each instance and understand the presentation of diseases
- The focus on the pathology of disease encourages nurses to arrive at a diagnosis and generate the appropriate intervention
- Chapters focus on students’ prior knowledge/pre-requisite knowledge so they can build on what they already know
- The learning outcomes in the chapters have been reformulated to focus on core learning.