by Andreas de Beer and Dirk Roussow
Focus on Operational Management: A Generic Approach gives a general overview of management principles and the general management activities needed by the operational and first-time manager in the workplace today.
The following topics are discussed:
- The new workplace environment
- The changing role of the operational and first-time manager
- Operational planning, operational decision-making and problem-solving, organizing operational resources, operational control and leadership
- Employment relations in the workplace
- Organisational culture, diversity management, business ethics, corporate social responsibility, organisational politics and change management in the workplace.